Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vancouver Island tournament in Duncan on Sat Nov 28th

We have a venue! The Vancouver Island qualifying event is scheduled for Saturday November 28th, 2009, at the Quamichan Middle School in Duncan - thanks to Heather Stannard and Cowichan Valley School District (79). Qualifying teams will be invited to participate in the BC event on Saturday January 9th, 2010 at BCIT.

25 Vancouver Island teams have registered so far for the FLL season! Please remember to register for the tournament as well - so we can plan...

If you are willing to help as a volunteer for the tournament (or to support a team)- please send me an email and tell me what you are willing to do, and I'll try and sort everything out and get things moving. (I only received about 10 emails in response to my last request - but then it was made in August.... )

I'm again looking for a few volunteers to take the lead on the various aspects of our local event - contact me at tpelton@uvic.ca if you are willing. I have a volunteer to organize the judging and one to organize the coaches meetings, it would be great to have a few more to manage the facility setup and cleanup, another to manage registration, and one more to organized volunteers and traffic flow...

1 comment:

Sara Frederking said...

Hi Tim (and everyone on the island!),

This is Sara Frederking, the new FIRST Partner.

I work at BCIT, in Burnaby and I just returned from a year's maternity leave in August.

I have to admit all things FLL are new to me, but I'm very excited about taking on this role, and can't wait to attend the tournaments and watch the kids in action!

I wanted to let you all know that I have set up a new website for BC that url is: http://www.bcit.ca/fll/
I have also set up a blog for FLL BC: that url is: http://bcfll.blogspot.com/

I'd like to remind all coaches that in order to attend the events, teams must register and pay the event fee - $100 per team.
This event fee covers both the regional qualifier tournament and the championship should your team advance.

Thanks!
Sara Frederking